How To Do A Tricep Dip
Have you ever wanted to be that girl who does those seemingly impossible tricep dips at the gym?
Wait, you thought only men had enough strength to do those?
Nope! if you’ve ever seen a girl bust out a few unassisted tricep dips, you know how it feels to go back to your tricep extension machine and feel pathetic. Nothing shows off your upper body fitness level and competency as tricep dips, chin ups or pull ups. And nothing’s more fun than being able to have something impressive to do to show all your hard work.
Not to mention having nice triceps is the key to having toned and sexy arms.
So guess what? You can be that girl. I was in your shoes for a long time until I picked up a few tips about how to do a tricep dip, and boom, after a little time I got my first one! And so can you.
Here’s the secret:
- Practice them every day you go to the gym
- At first, start on the assisted tricep/pulldown machine and do 3 sets of 5. The weight should be set so that you can barely do 5.
- After a week or two (depending on how often you are practicing), go to the unassisted tricep dip bars and hop yourself up to a finished position (like the girl in the picture above). Lower yourself as slowly as you can, and repeat till failure.
- Once you feel the strength building after a few weeks, hop as little as you can till you can do your very first dip unassisted!
- Comment below and let me know when you do your first one!! Good luck!
Thanks for commenting, sharing, and liking this post!